The official spelling of Ukraine's capital is Kyiv. Wikipedians don't seem to get that at all. Perhaps they are only misinformed (malinformed) by the remaining imperialists.
Here are some good arguments:
- Ukrainian government insists on Kyiv spelling
- The State Department of the U.S. issued a directive to write Kyiv
- The Prime Minister of the U.K. calls the city Kyiv and the British Ambassador to Ukrainesupports Kyiv spelling too
- United Nations in its Multilingual Terminology Database (the ultimate body on geographical names) approved it as Kyiv and put it as Kyiv on their map
- Major English speaking governments worldwide switched to Kyiv spelling
- CIA refers to the city as Kyiv
- The name of the famous football club is Dynamo Kyiv
- Many papers, e.g., British The Guardian, are already writing Kyiv
- All major Canadian media already use the spelling of Kyiv
- It is Kyiv on Google and MSN
So what are you waiting for? You don't need to be afraid of Kyiv! It's a beautiful city, and it only sounds right with Kyiv.